There are three departures in each of 2017 & 2018 – one eastbound (starting in Istanbul, Turkey) and two westbound (starting in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia).
Click on a tour below to submit and a booking.
** Guaranteed departures
The Trip Price is payable as a deposit to secure your place on the expedition, and then the balance is payable 8 weeks prior to the start date of the expedition.
The Kitty is a group fund, priced in US Dollars, in addition to the trip price, to pay for all accommodation, meals whilst camping and all activities listed as included. Each passenger pays into the kitty at the start of each trip and it is managed by the Dragoman crew in full transparency of the group. Kitties allow for flexibility on the road and ensure value through group discounts, buying locally and everyone seeing exactly how their money is spent. Any top-ups required to kitties are agreed as a group, and any money left over is refunded. The kitty price is constantly updated throughout the year due to fluctuations in exchange rates and variation in local costs. It is important you check the most recent estimate on the website shortly before departure, to ensure that you take the correct amount. Note there is a new scheme whereby you can pay your kitty in advance by bank transfer 3-4 weeks before the start of your trip if you prefer.
- Accommodation fees (25% camping & 75% in hotels, hostels, guesthouses, yurts/gers & homestays)
- Meals prepared by group
- Fully equipped Dragoman Overland Expedition Truck
- All road tolls & Ferry crossings
- Camping & cooking gear
- Services of Dragoman Overland crew
- Turkmenistan & China letter of invitation support and fees
- Local English speaking guides in Georgia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan & China
- Included Activities
- Meals taken while in hotels, and drinks – based on the range that previous travellers have spent on this trip, Dragoman recommends you allow between USD15-30 per day which should cover this plus souvenirs, tips and personal permits
- Flights, Airport taxes and transfers
- Travel insurance
- Optional activities
- Note the operator recommends that you bring along a Contingency Fund of USD 400 to cover costs involved should civil or political unrest or reasons beyond the operator’s control (eg natural disaster) mean that the itinerary is disrupted and a contingency plan needs to be put in place. The operator will help organise travel arrangements such as alternative transport or even the whole group flying over an area, but where the circumstances are outside the operator’s control, you will be required to contribute to the additional costs involved. In almost all cases trips run smoothly and this fund is therefore never used, but it is something the operator asks you to consider.