This is a one-off exploratory overland tour departing in 2017.
Click on a tour below to submit a booking form, or Contact Us for more information.
** Please note that the end date is not fixed and will not be able to be advised until after passing through the Democratic Republic of Congo on the expedition
The Trip Price is payable as a deposit of GBP400 to secure your place on the expedition, and then the balance is payable 10 weeks prior to the start date of the expedition.
The Local Payment (LP) is part of your overall trip payment and is the most cost effective and practical way to get hard currency to Africa to pay for a variety of your day-to-day local costs (i.e. all meals prepared by the group, campsite fees, gas, and certain activities listed in the brochure) which cannot be pre-paid from the UK. The Kitty is payable to your Tour Leader on departure in a combination of US Dollar cash and Euro cash only, the split is expected to be 50% Dollars / 50% Euros, but a precise break down will be emailed to you 4 – 6 weeks prior to departure. Please Note: Your Tour Leader will only accept US$ notes (especially $100) that are issued on or after 2006 as older notes are more difficult to change.
- Airport transfer from Mt Kilimanjaro Airport (Arusha) to Meserani Snake Park
- Accommodation fees – expected to be 100% camping
- Meals prepared by group or provided – approximately 65%
- All transport on Oasis Expedition Truck
- Camping & cooking gear
- Services of Oasis Overland crew
- Included Activities
- Visas USD 590 – USD 1,000 (cost depends on nationality, most can be obtained en route)
- Meals – approximately 35% – the operator advises a budget of around GBP 100 – GBP 145 per week which should cover costs such as meals out, drinks, communications, souvenirs and general spending
- Flights, Airport taxes and departure transfer
- Travel insurance
- Optional activities