This overland tour is offered both northbound (Cape Town to Cairo) and southbound (Cairo to Cape Town) and has multiple departures per year.
Click on a tour below to submit a booking form, or Contact Us for more information.
** Note April Cape Town to Cairo departures form part of the 40-week Trans Africa expedition from the UK to Cairo via Cape Town.
The Trip Price is payable as a deposit of GBP600 to secure your place on the expedition, and then the balance is payable 10 weeks prior to the start date of the expedition.
The Local Payment (LP) is part of your overall trip payment and is the most cost effective and practical way to get hard currency to Africa to pay for a variety of your day-to-day local costs (i.e. all meals prepared by the group, campsite fees, gas, and certain activities listed in the brochure) which cannot be pre-paid from the UK. The Local Payment is payable to your Tour Leader on departure in US Dollar cash only. Please Note: Your Tour Leader will only accept US$ notes (especially $100) that are issued on or after 2006 as older notes are more difficult to change.
- Camping fees
- 1st night’s accommodation in Nairobi and Cairo
- Minimum 2 meals per day (on average)
- All transport on Oasis Expedition Truck
- All road tolls & ferry crossings
- Camping & cooking gear
- Services of Oasis Overland crew
- Included Activities
- Visas USD 340 – USD 590 (cost depends on nationality, most can be obtained en route)
- 3 or 4 day lay over costs in Nairobi
- Meals taken while in hotels/hostels, and drinks – note the operator recommends you budget around GBP 100 – GBP 145 per week, this should cover you for meals out, drinks, communications, souvenirs and general spending
- Flights, Airport taxes and transfers
- Travel insurance
- Optional activities, including Gorilla Trekking Permit (bookable at time of tour booking)